Mimosa II

I'd been long in love with Retrography when a Mimosa II showed on a local auction site. Having already read the right chapter of Retrography, I knew what that meant. And so, a few days and around $50 later, the Mimosa II came to my humble home. Mimosa II may look small as long as you don't turn her around. Then she becomes fat. And heavy! A small brick. A sweet and strange brick nonetheless. She's fitted with a Ludvig Meritar 50mm f/2.9 lens that I expected would be nice and sharp. The shutter is a Velax (B, 1/10-1/200) that was broken when the camera shipped, then was repaired, then broke again after three days. She's got the loveliest typography I've seen on a camera, even beats the Voigtlander. If you want more information on her, check here.

 

The lens is uncoated and you can see that in the photos, I think, in the way the greys are distributed towards the lower contrast than modern lenses. Nice trait, if you want some really retro results. I haven't the faintest idea what the last photo shows or how it happened. Any ideas?

Comments

  1. holy noodle!that last photo, it's the creation of the universe - a pastafarian miracle! i didn't know you were a time-traveller... ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment