Kodak Brownie 127 Camera

This one doesn't stand out all that much. Fact is, I bought it because of its cute case. Then I shot one roll with it out of courtesy, sold the camera and held onto the case. It now serves as my jewelery case. You can call me weird.

This Brownie from around the 1952 (first version out of three) is as simple as it gets: all plastic, one shutter speed, meniscus lens (f/14 64mm) a viewfinder and a winding crank. It uses 127 film and takes 6x4 cm photos. There is nothing spectacular about it. Really. Image quality leaves much to be desired if you consider the vignetting, blurriness and general lens distortion as drawbacks. And still, they sold in millions.

I used a colour UCN 200 Maco film and developed it in b&w chemistry. Only two images were salvageable.

You can find more history on the Kodak Brownie 127 Camerapedia page.




Comments

  1. Wish you had kept posting. I have enjoyed seeing your pictures and reading what you had to say about your cameras.

    ReplyDelete
  2. really great blog :) I am your new follower :) just now I bought very old lens, and I love this! I waiting for new post :) Sorry for my english ;)
    Blog modowy What is in the hat? KLIK!/Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  3. interesujący blog- będę zaglądać :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lubię czarno-białe, retro zdjęcia. Jeszcze pamiętam czasy klisz i wywoływania zdjęć, teraz mamy cyfrówki i lustrzanki i 9o% zdjęć nawet nie ujrzy światła dziennego i wkładania ich w formie wywołanej do albumu. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fajne zdjęcia z tego aparatu :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. bardzo klimatyczne :)
    zapraszamy w wolnej chwili :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. lubie czarno biale zdjecia, maja swoj klimacik :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice Picture.
    Stay in touch!
    Can we follow each other on GFC?
    New Post Sandy Sandhu

    ReplyDelete
  9. czarno białe zdjęcia są bardzo specyficzne, osobiście uwielbiam klimat czarno białych zdjęć :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment