Interviewed by Lomography!

Hey there, this is just a short note to tell you about the interview I gave to Lomography.com about collecting old cameras and using them on a daily basis. The nice people from lomography had some fun questions and let me answer them in depth --even adding follow up questions while we were exchanging emails! Wow, don't you just get that special thrill when someone is honestly interested in your specific obsession/hobby? It was really nice to work with them and I appreciate being published in their Magazine section. It feels like a highlight and I'm truly grateful for it.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy the read! 

By the way, this experience actually gave me a clue that it would be fun indeed to talk with some of you gearheads and camera afficionados, and publish that for others to read as well. Anyone up for it? Let me know!

Comments

  1. That is very interesting! Congratulations on the idea. It would certainly be interesting to get to know the various photographers and collectors and their approach, both to photography and to their collection of cameras or photographic equipment. Virtually, I know people who have hundreds or even thousands of cameras. Some of them are able to repair and revitalize their exhibits themselves. Some of them have very wide and specialized collections, e.g. whole series of cameras from a given manufacturer, etc., or some very rare exhibits. Some of them run websites on Instagram, Facebook, and YouTube videoblogs, so you can easily recognize them.
    Should they report themselves? Who should it be?
    Should they be interesting personalities with interesting stories?
    I am a talker and I like to talk, the problem is that probably not really people want to listen to me, and in no case do I consider myself an expert, neither in photography, nor in cameras, nor in photographic art, but I like myself very much get smart. I have been sharing my stories and experiences on my blog recently, so the reach is low. I'm retired, so I don't care about publicity, as it did 20 years ago, but if someone from a wider audience would be interested in it - I'm ready to share it in an interview. Although probably someone known and recognized would be better.
    Best wishes
    Robert

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, I see no reason to only interview the 'famous' in the community. I mean, everyone who collects cameras has their own story and reason, and preferences, and I think that's interesting to see how many different perspectives there are. Fame has nothing to do with it :). I'm similarly just a gal with a blog that no one reads (except for you!) and Lomography was kind to take interest in my stuff, and I think that's how it should go. Let's meet up and talk, I gather we're in the same city. Drop me a line at mrs.jazz(at)gmail.com and maybe we can arrange something in the coming weeks!

      Delete
    2. I have sent the contact to the given address - if necessary, could you check the spam folder?
      Regards
      Robert

      Delete

Post a Comment