Rolleiflex RF 111A


You know the ones you want to kick yourself in the shin for selling? Yeah? This one, for example. I was able to get it very early on in my collecting and I just didn't know its value (which has increased... loads in the recent years). I probably didn't know how to properly use it either. So I only ran one roll through it and called it a day. Silly young me. Sigh.
Anyway, this is an early version of the Rolleiflex, an Automat Model 1 or RF 111A, produced between 1937 and 1939. I remember him as a sturdy gentleman whose shutter and aperture wheels were especially hard on my thumbs. He took 6x6 photos on 120 film with a Tessar 3.5/7.5 cm (gotta love those old-style nominations) lens. 

I'm sure I could have done better by him, but alas. Here are a couple of shots.

Model 1 on camerapedia
All models on rolleiclub.com




Comments