Zeiss Ikon Taxona


New in: blue-eyed baby Taxona. Ah. Made by Zeiss/Pentacon after the ww2 up until 1959, she's a rebranding of the pre-war Zeiss Ikon Tenax, mostly still the same camera with minor tweaks. Her personal quirk is that she takes square photos on a 35 mm film. Isn't that just special? Only a couple of other cameras did that, and aside from those in her own range, it was just the Robot series and a Bolta Photavit (but if you do know of more, pretty please let me know!). Personally I find square frame very pleasing, so I have quite the expectations of the little girl. She's the size of an Oly Pen S which surprised me --she really is small! This particular unit comes with Novonar Anastigmat 3.5/35 but I hear there is a Tessar version floating around which I'd like to get one day. On the flip side, I have the faster Vebur shutter with top speed of 1/250s. The camera is fully working and in beautiful condition, and I can't wait to take it out for a good walk. 

Will come back with some shots soon, hopefully, after I've fought off the terrible cold that's keeping me at home with all the new aquisitions instead of out in the field shooting.

Tenax I/Taxona on camerapedia
Manual on Butkus

Comments