More Agfa Isolette III



What can  I say, it's a very addictive camera. I can totally see why they were so popular. Ergonomics are great (god damn that rangefinder wheel is just exciting to scroll!), the folding design doesn't take much space in your bag and the lens is just fine. I do wish I had more shutter speeds to choose from and a faster lens but that can be worked around anyway --and maybe one of these days I'll get a better specd one. To think that this one was in a lucky grab bag of non-described cameras --I never would have picked this model on my own. I have now been completely converted to Isolettism though, and it's through pure great design of the camera that just keeps on giving.

I shot two rolls on the same day. The ones scanned with a black frame are Rollei RPX 100 and the ones without are Orwo UN54/Lomo Potsdam (same stock). First time with both and I loved the RPX for its rendition of subtle tones in very even light. Rollei Retro 400S does this kind of light very dramatic and angsty (see my first photos from Isolette). The RPX made them poetic instead. I liked some of the Orwo too, turned out subtle and milky, and grain is almost non-existent. Very pleasant film indeed.

Oh, and! These were the first two rolls  in 8 years that I've developed at home!



Someone's happy to be photographed. The skin tones tho.







Comments